Do you dream of trotting the globe in search of discovering not only different cultures and experiences, but also yourself along the way? Then it may be time to start planning your first travel experience! Wonderlust is a beautiful disease. It infects those of us looking to expand our cultural and societal knowledge, and well as our interpersonal selves. We can learn a lot from travelling, but making sure that you have the time, disciplinary skills and organisational abilities to really enjoy and make the most out of your travels is a totally different matter. If you are planning your first travel adventure then take a look at this comprehensive guide to ensuring that you have the best possible time!
Making a budget and sticking to it
Ah, money. The bane of many of our lives, and one of the most common barriers that keep people from fulfilling their traveling dreams. If you are feeling the financial burdens that come with taking time to travel then it is definity time for you to start organising your budget. Just make sure that you stick to it too! Here are a few of the ways that you can organise and stick to your budget. Afterall, no one wants to have to quit their adventure early to come home because they have no money!
- Offers and deals: There are so many online offers and deals on traveling experiences. Don’t just pick up the first package that you like the look of! Make sure you put on that researcher hat and do some due diligence.
- Airport parking discounts: Airport parking is just one of the places that you can save money. With amazing cheap Durham Tees Valley Airport parking available – and plenty of others – there really is no need to spend a lot of money on your journey! Save those pennies for when you are actually on holiday instead!
- Think before you spend: That’s right, we all have to use our noggins from time to time. Make sure that you think before you start mindlessly spending money!
Research your accommodation options
Make sure that you take a little look into the accommodation options that may be available to you. Most first time travellers will make use of the affordable prices of hostels. These are great options if you are traveling alone. Not only do you get great value accommodation, but you also get the chance to meet other travellers too! Just bare in mind that many hostels include shared rooms. If you are uncomfortable with sharing a room and bathroom with strangers then it may be worth looking at something a little more separate. Either way, doing your research into the options available and reviewing their prices will ensure that you get the best possible experience for you.
Choosing the perfect destination
There are so many different places to explore in the world. Make sure that you consider the different options for you. Finding a location that really makes your heart sing is one of the key components in enjoying your first travel adventure! Take a look at some of the options and destination suggestions below!
Sand and sea
One of the most popular travel destinations include those that exhibit the sun, sand and sea. If you love the sweet smell of the ocean and the rays on your skin then it is definitely worth heading to one of the following destinations:
- Thailand: This white sand and clear sea paradise is any first time traveller’s dream! The gorgeous beaches and rich culture will certainly satisfy your wanderlust. Ao Nang is the longest beach in Thailand, and is definitely worth a visit!
- Greece: The stunning cliffs and sandy beaches of Greece are sure to get your heart going! Their Ionian Islands exhibit some of the most beautiful beaches on Earth!
Exploring different cities is a really great way to get an insight into the culture of a destination. Nothing beats the buzz and movement of a large and foreign city. Take a look at some of the amazing city destinations that you can visit:
- Barcelona: A bounty of liveliness and movement, this grid designed city really will appeal to the senses! Try some street fried paella and get lost in the cities cobbled back alleys and architecture.
- Venice: The city on water! This incredible Italian city is surrounded by beautiful canals and gorgeous architecture. It’s a wonderful city to visit for lazy wine lunches and art lovers!
One of the best things about traveling is that you get the opportunity to explore, digest and understand different cultures. Make sure that you visit some vibrant and interesting cultures on your travels! Take a look at a few of the richest and most diverse cultures that the world has to offer below:
- India: The rough and rugged streets of india makes it one of the most individual cultures in the world. The exuberant markets, festivals, traditions and food reflect a culture that is totally different to our own. This is a great place to go if you want to explore something completely unique and different!
- Japan: The land of highrise buildings, cat cafes and manga! This diverse, innovative and highly creative culture will certainly have any traveller thrilled and excited!
As a first time traveller, it is important that you protect yourself. As fun, wild and exhilarating as it is to travel the world for the first time, it can be difficult and sometimes a little bit dangerous too. Make sure that you protect both yourself and your belongings by investing in some robust travel insurance!
Travelling for the first time is an exhilarating and wonderful adventure, but it does take a lot of planning. Make sure that you plan your adventure meticulously in order to avoid any stress and difficulty along the way. By planning your journey well you will be ensuring that you have the time to really soak up and enjoy other cultures and destinations. May your first time traveling be the most fulfilling experience of your life!